|Doctor Name||Dr. Arshbir Singh Sandhu|
|Primary Specialty||Department of Radiology|
|Education & Training|
|Medical Education||MBBS, MD (Radiodiagnosis)|
|Practice Areas||Radiologic Procedures and Interventional Radiologic Procedures|
QUALIFICATION & EXPERTISE
PROFILE & VALUE
- Performed CT scans, X-ray imaging, portable radiography,fluoroscopic procedures, and various others on 8000+ patients till date, managing an average of 5 to 10 procedures per shift/day, while maintaining a high quality of care.
- Operated equipment by adjusting radiation exposure as per the duration of treatments while ensuring that all safety measures and regulations were followed while carrying on with the diagnostics.
- Liaised effectively with a multi-disciplinary staff;built and maintained close working relations with other departments.
- Partnered with Supervisors and peers to improve processes and workflows which led to maximize patient traffic
- Participated in team efforts to perform patient outcomes assessments as a baseline through continuous quality improvement.
Pratham ultrasound and diagnostic center, Gurugram | Consultant Radiologist
Justice K S Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore Internship
Sri Aurobindo Medical College & PG Institute, Indore Jr. Resident in Radiologist
Global Hospital , Haryana Consultant Radiologist
Venkateshwara Institute of Medical sciences Senior resident (Radiology)
- Conduct radiologic procedures needed for diagnosis & treatment, such as X-ray, MRI, CAT scan, Mammography, Ultrasound, Angiograms, etc.
- Interpret results of the radiologic procedures and refer abnormalities/derangements to the attending Physicians.
- Conduct research on the newest radiologic therapies for various conditions & illnesses; perform necessary diagnostic radiologic procedures and advise Technicians on the use of best radiographic examination to be performed on patients.
- Supervise and instruct Technologists on correct methods of performing radiological examinations.
- Oversee X-ray, contrast techniques, ultrasound, including duplex &4D ultrasound, mammography, BMD, CT, MRI, RIS, HIS, PACS and dictation of reports.
- Direct and coordinate services of radiology and diagnostic imaging procedures by providing radiology services.
- Oversee staff in the operation of imaging equipment, such as x-ray machines, fluoroscopes, computerized tomography (CT) scanners, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) equipment, etc.
- Lead staff across every step associated with the diagnostic process ensuring patient comfort during procedures related to radiation applying every measure of safety.
- Accomplish radiology human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
- Ensure all operational radiology standards are met by contributing information to strategic plans & reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patient-service standards.
- Support patient care by resolving radiology issues with Physicians, Radiology Technologists, and Ancillary Staff; improve and maintain a quality assurance program/s for department functions.
- Provide statistical reports by controlling the collection of treatment and clinical data.
- Provide a safe environment by monitoring radioactive exposure of staff & patients; keep staff and patients safe by controlling radium loading and handling techniques.
- Direct diagnostic imaging services for radiology departments and ensure compliance with all regulations, policies & procedures.
- Adopt & apply methods to measure and improve the quality of diagnostic imaging services provided by different departments, in turn, improving customer satisfaction.
PAPERS & POSTERS PRESENTED
- ‘Atypical rare presentation of spinal cysticercosis as intramedullary ring-enhancing lesion’at 18thAnnual Conference of Indian Society of Neuro Radiology (ISNR 2015) Indore, India
- ‘Role of embolization in Juvenile Naso-Angiofibroma’at 18thAnnual Conference of Indian Society of Neuro Radiology (ISNR 2015) Indore, India
- ‘Embolization in a Case of Juvenile NasoAngiofibroma’at 18thAnnual Conference of Indian Society of Neuro Radiology (ISNR 2015) Indore, India
- ‘Van der Knapp Syndrome – A Megalencephalic Leukoencephalopathy: A case report’at 18thAnnual Conference of Indian Society of Neuro Radiology (ISNR 2015) Indore, India
- ‘Pneumocephalous after Epidural Injection: Rare complication of common procedure’at 18thAnnual Conference of Indian Society of Neuro Radiology (ISNR 2015) Indore, India
- ‘Budd-Chiari Syndrome: Experience of therapeutic radiological intervention’at 17thAnnual Conference of Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology (ISVIR 2015) Hyderabad, India
- ‘Long-term follow-up of Leiomyoma after Uterine Artery Embolization’at 17thAnnual Conference of Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology (ISVIR 2015) Hyderabad, India
- CME on Head and Neck Ultrasonography, LASER Indore, India in Apr 2016
- CME on Advances of Medical Physics in Diagnosis and Therapy, SAIMS, Indore, India in Sep 2015
- CT Update, Goa, India in Jun2015
- 18th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Neuro Radiology (ISNR) Indore, India in 2015
- 17th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology (ISVIR) Hyderabad, India in 2015
- Colour Doppler CME and hands-on workshop, Indore, India in Dec 2014
- USCON XXIII Annual conference of IFUMB, New Delhi, India in Nov 2014
- Received various certificates in State and National level Science and Math Olympiad
- Won the under 17Inter-District Badminton competition
- Won the under 19 Inter-District Handball competition
- Secured second position in 3000 meters Long Distance running held at Assumption Convent School in 2003